Week In Marketing: Virtual Reality Videos, Twitter Polls, Best Posting Times, New Beverage Ads, Starbucks Express
1. Facebook Goes Virtual
Facebook has added 360-degree virtual reality videos to its newsfeed. Brands such as Disney and NBC have already jumped on this new feature with others soon to follow in the near future.
There is a lot more coming with Facebook in the future.
2. Love the Smell of Instagram in the Morning
Research has been conducted to see when is the best time for brands to post. Studies have shown that brands get more attention between the hours of 6 a.m. and 12 p.m. How will this affect future brands? How will this change the way brands interact with consumers?
3. New Beverage Ads
Pepsi and Heineken have come out with some new commercials that are worth checking out:
– Seattle Seahawks standout Marshawn Lynch is featured in Pepsi’s new TV spot. Lynch is known for his dynamic attitude during post-game interviews and this ad doesn’t fall short of him living up to this. The commercial features him mouthing words as someone else does the talking for him. He then takes a swig of the Pepsi and finishes with a one-liner. Well done Pepsi.
– Heineken’s new ad features Daniel Craig as the infamous James Bond. The commercial gives a cinematic feel different from what other brands have done in the past. It is action-packed, suspenseful, and highlights the brand in a new light to drive the consumers’ interests.
4. Twitter experiments with user-generated polls
Twitter is testing a polling feature within tweets. Using the feature, Twitter users can ask followers to pick between two choices, with the number of respondents showing up within the tweet. Each poll lasts 24 hours. A handful of brand accounts, such as the U.S. Department of the Interior and NFL on ESPN, have already taken advantage of the tool. The company hasn’t announced details nor when the service would roll out to all profiles.
5. Starbucks Express Checkout?
The wait is literally over! Starbucks has implemented a new app where customers can order through the app and pay to avoid waiting in those long, winding lines. This opens up a door for the brand, making it more convenient and accessible for those coffee lovers. Make it to your destination on time and order online!